Bring your artistry to new heights at our Berkshire High Peaks Festival.
In addition to studying the giants of classical composition in solo and chamber music repertoire, we’ll…
- Open doors to contemporary music worthy of entering the canon and forgotten and neglected composers
- Get in touch with your “inner musician”–whether acquiring skills to improvise (think Baroque and cadenzas!), attending Tai chi sessions or adding a dimension of acting and audience awareness to your performances.
- Our focus will be on YOU!
- Read on to learn more!
- Late night jamming and “Moonlight Sonatas” performances by participants.
- Workshops on interpretation—honoring and confronting the composer; the influence of folklore on high art; the changes to a modern music career.
- Sessions on violin performing traditions; evolving styles and fashions in the performing arts; perspectives on the string quartet in a post-Bartok landscape
- Master classes with distinguished artists and pedagogues
- Individualized guidance for going beyond the notes for performances that communicate meaning
- Opportunity to participate in “Buddy Day” with El Sistema-trained kids.
- Stimulating talks and master classes with distinguished composers and performers.
- Three private lessons, three chamber music coachings, and the opportunity to participate in master classes; public performances in the Berkshires and Hudson Valley; guidance and advice toward a future path in the profession.
- A room on the bucolic campus of the prestigious Berkshire School and three meals a day prepared by the highly-trained chefs.
- The opportunity to become part of a musical network and friendship circle.
- The ability to join outstanding international faculty and fellow students at mid-year reunions.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is on a beautiful 275-acre wooded campus in the heart of the Berkshires, an area known for its natural beauty and rich cultural life.
Residency at Simon’s Rock offers:
- Outstanding facilities and resources;
- Lovely air-conditioned accommodations;
- Three meals each day;
- Access to seminar rooms and the Daniel Arts Center.