Bring your artistry to new heights at our Berkshire High Peaks Festival.
In addition to studying the giants of classical composition, we’ll explore the Roaring Twenties — the 1920s and the early years of the 2020s. Our focus will be on the artistic frenzy that took place during the 1920s specifically in Berlin, Paris, and New York and on works in our decade inspired by the solitude, technology, and resourcefulness during COVID.
- Late night jamming and “Moonlight Sonatas” performances by participants.
- Workshops on interpretation—honoring and confronting the composer; the influence of folklore on high art; the changes to a modern music career.
- Sessions on violin performing traditions; evolving styles and fashions in the performing arts; perspectives on the string quartet in a post-Bartok landscape
- Master classes with distinguished artists and pedagogues, including opera director Jay Lesenger and guitarist Eliot Fisk, and more.
- Individualized guidance for going beyond the notes for performances that communicate meaning
- Opportunity to participate in “Buddy Day” with El Sistema-trained kids.
- Stimulating talks and master classes with distinguished composers and performers.
- Sessions on recording and filming technology, maximizing your online presence.
- Three private lessons, three chamber music coachings, and the opportunity to participate in master classes; public performances in the Berkshires and Hudson Valley; guidance and advice toward a future path in the profession.
- A room on the bucolic campus of the prestigious Berkshire School and three meals a day prepared by the highly-trained chefs.
- The opportunity to become part of a musical network and friendship circle.
- The ability to join outstanding international faculty and fellow students at mid-year reunions.
The Berkshire School’s 400-acre campus in Sheffield, Massachusetts offers a breathtaking setting and a destination for world renowned arts and culture in the heart of the Berkshire Hills.
Residency at the Berkshire School offers:
- Outstanding facilities and resources;
- Lovely air-conditioned accommodations;
- Three meals each day at the Benson Commons;
- Access to seminar rooms and the Allen Theater.